Thursday, February 5, 2009

Marley


Hi! My name is Marley, and I am loved, fed, and doing better each day. Not every day was like today and the tomorrows that follow, as before I was a product of a breeder's lust for money and when I couldn’t feed his need anymore, I was cast away like a piece of garbage to a kill facility where I was to be euthanized that day!

Some kind folks took pity on me and brought me to Nevada to be part of Southern Nevada Pug Rescue. My brother Petey came with me and he was blind and hard of hearing and Southern Nevada Pug Rescue placed us in a foster home to get us better, and fatter as we were really sick when we came to them We also needed to be socialized so we could find loving, forever homes.

Petey and I were both sick with kennel cough and we almost didn’t make it, but there is a happy ending to this story as both of us got adopted into forever homes who love us like we have never been loved before. Petey has Bassett brothers and sisters, while I have a mix of brothers and sisters.

I couldn’t make it up stairs at one time, but with a lot of good food, a loving family, and working with my back legs with exercises, I now love to climb 3 stairs so I can lay on the couch or sit by my sister’s window seat in the kitchen to look at the outside. I have a big back yard to go and roam, but I am still learning what other dogs have known all along- how to go outside to the bathroom and how to play well with others. I know I will get there someday, as just a month ago, they were talking about getting me a doggie wheelchair to help me, but not anymore!

Please if you are a puppymill, or a puppy shop store owner, please stop and think what you are doing. You place us in cages where the feces and urine has to be walked on by us and we are never let out of our small cages, where there are sometimes 2 and 3 of us to a cage. We never get outside to walk and every time we have our cycle, we are bred to fill your pocketbooks. Please have a heart and stop this cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment